In any military operation, cables must be able to transfer critical data at higher speeds while maintaining stable communications on mobile networks to ensure the operation and soldiers are never at risk. Cables also need to boost power and deliver dependable signal integrity in a smaller space.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables deliver excellent signal integrity for high-speed data transmission up to 1 gigahertz (GHz) no matter the environmental conditions — so that troops can complete their mission successfully and safely every time. That's because the combination of durable materials in their construction enables a higher tolerance against rough environments, like changing climate zones and rigorous routing.
Low-profile cable design
SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT SAVINGS
Using our innovative cable technology, these cables have a low-profile design that’s 18% smaller and reduces weight up to 50% when compared to standard cables. They’re also highly flexible and easy to route in hard-to-reach places of a vehicle.
The superior electrical performance of our controlled-impedance cables can also reduce the need for additional signal amplification in your system architecture — further decreasing weight and power requirements.
Durable construction of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of military applications, including:
- digital video systems
- Ethernet backbone
- LVDS connectivity
- sensor / processor interconnect
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables provide system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- excellent signal integrity for high-speed data transmission up to 1 gigahertz (GHz)
- higher tolerance against rough environments, like changing climate zones and rigorous routing
- low-profile design that is 18% smaller and up to 50% lighter compared to standard cables
- less need for additional signal amplification, further reducing weight/power requirements
- highly flexible with a tighter bend radius for easier installation in hard-to-reach places
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables.
Download the catalog/data sheets to view product specifications, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and attenuation values.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)a||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage||< 15|
|Velocity of Propagation (nominal) (%)||80|
|Time Delay (nominal) [ns/m (ns/ft)]||4.07 (1.24)|
|Capacitance [pF/m (pF/ft)]||42.6 (13.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
a Contact Gore for other impedance options.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Materialb||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper / SPC Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Blue and White|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-55 to +200|
bContact Gore for a halogen-free jacket version.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet stringent specifications of the most current military standards and our customers' requirements.
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500 Performance Requirements: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- AS4373 Environmental Testing: Contact Gore for available data
- AS4373 Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
- BSS7239: Toxicity
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- RoHS and REACH Compliant
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.