Please note: While these termination instructions offer a helpful guide, they should always be used alongside current connector system manufacturing instructions for best results.
About the Termination Instructions
These Termination Instructions are intended solely for terminating Gore’s Ethernet cables with the socket and pin versions of the ITT Cannon OctoGig™ Connector System. They first detail the tools and materials you’ll need, which include:
- Male connector pin (980-2002-551)
- Female connector socket (980-2002-552)
- Soft-jawed pliers, flush cutters, hand strippers and round cable cutters
- Sharpie, plastic pick, tweezers, small scissors, braid brush and ruler
- Digital Calipers with .001-inch precision or better
- ITT Cannon Crimp Die, DCM Crimper (M22520/2-01)
Preparing the cable and parts and terminating the socket connector (A End) and pin connector (B End) are all covered thoroughly, with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and photos to help you ensure proper termination.
Contact a Gore Representative for More Information or Assistance
Terminating Gore’s aerospace wires and cables properly with connectors ensures high-speed data transmission with optimal signal integrity. These assembly termination instructions should only be used for GORE Aerospace Ethernet Cables with the socket and pin versions of the ITT Cannon OctoGig™ Connector System. To learn more about Gore’s high-speed data cables or to request complimentary samples in 48 hours, contact a Gore representative today.