+1 800 626 7708
Data Sheets, 568.96 KB
Download technical information — including cable properties/characteristics, applications, qualifications, connector options, cable preparation, and ordering information.
It’s necessary for aircrews to view critical data and video as clearly as possible on today’s modern aircraft displays to avoid mishaps. So, cables must ensure high-quality resolution while delivering reliable signal transmission without failing. They must also be small enough to fit in limited spaces and light enough to save weight on aircraft.
Higher Resolution Displays
GORE HDMI Cables in 1.4 Cat2 and 2.0 versions support 4K (2160p) resolution, which is 4x the clarity of 1080p for a richer viewing experience on aircraft displays. Our cable bundles provide outstanding high-speed signals for data and video transmission up to 18 Gb so aircrews can receive and view critical information on crystal clear, high definition displays.
They significantly reduce overall cable size because of the unique low-weight materials in the construction that enables a smaller cable diameter. Aircraft maintainers will be pleased because the greater flexibility and tighter bending capability of these cable bundles involve less complicated routing where space is at a premium. But, that doesn’t mean durability is compromised — our cable bundles can sustain the demands of their surroundings, ensuring lifetime performance long after the alternatives have failed.
Low-weight materials of GORE HDMI Cables
GORE HDMI Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- digital video systems
- electronic flight bag (EFB)
- flight management systems
- glass cockpits
- portable electronic devices
- weather mapping
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE HDMI Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- support 4K resolution for increased clarity when viewing aircraft displays
- outstanding high-speed signals for data/video transmission up to 18 Gb
- more durability to sustain demanding surroundings for lifetime performance
- reduced cable size due to low-weight construction and smaller diameter
- increased flexibility with tighter bending capability for less complicated routing
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cable bundles, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE HDMI Cables.
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||230.0 (70.0)|
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Environmental / Mechanical Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper / SPC alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Brown/White, Green/White, Red/White
SIngles: Orange, Violet, White, Yellow
Triad: Gray, Pink, Tan
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Number & Drawing
Download the drawing to view cable characteristics, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN9121||Data/Drains/Discrete Pairs: 26 (19/38)
Capacitance-Controlled Singles: 28 (19/40)
GORE HDMI Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.